Sweet ans simple, right?
Theres more to it:
- Doesn’t have to be thrown like the alkaline batteries creating a toxic waste.
- No need to carry a charger, plug it into your computer,gamestation, TV or anything that has a USB port.
- The rechargeable AA NiMH Battery gives 1.2v ,1300mah output.
- The price is slightly on the higher side at INR 600.00 for a two AA cell pack (I bet fake models from China would already be available, so be careful)
- Also in the pipeline are other forms of batteries like phone batteries (see adjascent pic) the 9V battery(pic below) and the AAA batery.
These batteries are developed by Moxia Energy, a UK based company that specializes in renewable energy power resources and related innovative design and engineering solutions. Their idea is to help the human to cut off from the electricity grid for petty issues like lighting, fans, charging etc. !!
With their cutting edge technology focusing on the need of the hour (especially because of the constant decay in the conventional energy resources the world over) they would definitely inspire many a young engineers to focus on this international reality.
Postroll: http://www.moixaenergy.com | http://www.usbcell.com